Strong winds moved into The Snoqualmie Valley this morning, with sustained winds at 20-25 MPH and gusts ranging from 35-45 mph, causing power outages across the area.
A wind advisory is in effect until 6 PM tonight.
Many in North Bend and Snoqualmie lost power at some point during this morning storm. At one point Puget Sound Energy had over 3200 customers and Tanner Electric had 416 customers without power in the area.
Updates on Tanner Electric power outages on Middle Fork and Mt Si Rd can be found on their Twitter page @tannerelectric or on their outage page here. Trees down on Mt Si Road near the Mt. Teneriffe parking lot reported at 8 am seem to be part of the issue. No reports of when those will be cleared as of this writing.
Puget sound Energy updates can be found on their outage page here.
- 821 AM Stone Quarry Road was reportedly blocked by trees
- 839 AM lines down and arcing on the corner of Silva/Maple/Fir.
- 9 AM there were several trees down on I-90 one across the right two lanes eastbound coming up before the Sunset exit.
- 930 AM a barn collapsed on 428th AVE SE near the Frisky Girl Farm
- 10 AM Trees down on the left two lanes of I-90 near SR-18
Remember to be safe!
- Never touch or go within 35 feet of downed power lines because they might be energized.
Call PSE at 1-888-225-5773 or 911 to report problems.
- Never use a natural gas range for heating.
- Never use propane or charcoal for cooking inside.
- Use flashlights instead of candles.
- Have an AM radio and extra batteries on hand.
- More safety tips can be found at www.takewinterbystorm.org.
- Consider intersections four-way stops if stoplights are not working.