Updated: Late Morning Snoqualmie House Fire Extinguished

UPDATE: Initially the fire is being ruled as accidental, with the estimated cause being an overloaded electrical outlet. Initial estimates are a $350,000 loss to the structure and contents.

Snoqualmie Fire would like to thank their partners from King County Fire District #27 (Fall City), Eastside Fire and Rescue, and Bellevue Fire Department/Medic One for the assist. In all, 29 personnel from seven fire stations responded to this incident.

As a reminder, surge protectors and power strips should be directly plugged into the wall and never plugged into a multi-plug adaptor. When using these strips, use only Underwriters Laboratories (UL) listed devices, and only plug in devices that do not have a large power draw such as space heaters or appliances, as this can overheat the power strip and result in a fire. For more information on home fire safety, visit the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) at https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/Staying-safe/Preparedness for ways to protect your own home, or contact the Snoqualmie Fire Department at 425.888.1551.

Neighbors have set up a Go Fund Me to help the family recover, click here to help.



At 11:00 am April 16th, 2021, Eastside Fire & Rescue and the Snoqualmie Fire Department responded to a Snoqualmie Ridge house fire. Initial reports indicated there was active fire with windows breaking and extending to the roof from the second floor of the two-story home.

According to Gail Folkins from the City of Snoqualmie, the two agencies found heavy fire involvement from the second story and attic space from a house fire on Raven Avenue. The residents were not at home at the time, and there were no injuries.

Witnesses say the crews accessed the fire from an upstairs window. Neighbors describe the house as a total loss. The cause of the fire is being investigated.

Comments are closed.

Discover more from Living Snoqualmie

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading