Two Separate Fires Destroy Medical Clinic and Family Home in Historic Snoqualmie

This past week there were two separate fires in downtown Snoqulamie.  The first in an apartment that left a family of 7 (and long time Snoqualmie residents) homeless.  The second destroyed a medical clinic near city hall.  Both fires were accidental.  Luckily no one was injured in either fire.

The house fire victims lost everything on Sept. 27th.  An 11-yr old girl recently celebrated a birthday and lost all her presents.  Snoqualmie United Methodist Church is collecting  donations for the family.  Items needed include beds, bedding, towels, silverware, dishes…. anything you can think of as the family lost everything.  They are also looking for a lower income apartment/home ready for immediate move-in.  The Red Cross is providing temporary shelter.  United Methodist Church has also established a fund to receive monetary donations for the family.  You can bring your donations to the white church on River St or mail them to: SUMC, PO Box 458, Snoqualmie, WA 98065.  Make checks payable to SUMC with “Kaleb’s Family” in check memo.

Needed clothing donations are the following:  Boy, age 15:  jeans size 34 x 36, shoe size 12, t-shirts – XL;  Girl, age 11:  jeans size 12 (skinny/tall), shoe size 5, t-shirt- 12/medium;  Boy, age 8:  jeans size 10, shoe size 4, t-shirts – 10;  Boy, age 4: jeans size 6, shoe size 13, t-shirts – large;  Mom:  jeans size 18, stretch pants and cotton pj’s – large;  Dad:  jeans size 34 x 34, shirts – XL, shoes size 11;  Grandma:  pants size 10-12, stretch pants and pj’s size medium, t-shirts – large, shoes size 8.

The second fire in the Snoqualmie Valley  Medical Clinic was possibly triggered by an electrical problem Oct. 1st.  The clinic was destroyed, but luckily the dental office next door was spared.  30 firefighters responded to one of Snoqualmie’s largest fires in years.  Damage was estimated at $500,000.  The clinic does plan to rebuild while temporarily using offices in North Bend to serve patients.

Again, luckily, no one was injured in either fire.

Comments are closed.

Discover more from Living Snoqualmie

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading