On behalf of the Snoqualmie Valley Food Bank board and staff I would like to extend our gratitude to everyone who participated in our Summer Programing. The 10 weeks of summer were a buzz of activity and here are a few of the highlights:
- Summer Kids Meal Program– Each week students received breakfast, lunch and snack items provided by SVFB. 247 Students enrolled in the program with an average of 120 students each week. A total of 10,773 breakfast, lunch and snacks were provided.
- Lunchtime and Fun Activities– YMCA coordinated a sack lunch each week donated by Mt Si Golf Course. YMCA leaders interacted with our young clients in physical and creative activities.
- King County Public Library– visits from the Library2Go Van, reading circles with a librarian, free books and signing up for a library card got kids excited about reading.
- Back to School Supplies– Mt Si Lutheran Church coordinated the support from local churches and businesses to provide 286 new backpacks and supplies to valley students.
- Back to School Shoes– Snoqualmie Valley Alliance Church provided 235 new pairs of shoes to valley youth.
The above programs were made possible with the support from our community including the YMCA, KCLS, Mt. Si Golf Course, Mt Si Lutheran Church, Cascade Covenant Church, Snoqualmie Valley Alliance Church, Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church, St. Clare Episcopal Church, United Methodist Church, Thrivent Financial, Costco, Walmart, Fred Meyer, Big Lots and the many amazing volunteers that dedicated their time and talents to make our community a healthy place for all.
[The Food Bank just launched a Soup and Chili Food Drive for the Month of September, details of which are in the flyer below.]
Snoqualmie Valley Food Bank