Fire Blotter | Blown off bike by wind, given lift home via fire truck; upside down in the median, but ok; volleyball spikes detector

November 22nd

At 9:06am Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to an arching electrical outlet at a local residence. Crews found a burned-out electrical outlet caused by plugging a space heater into a multi-connector. Both the outlet and connector were burned. Homeowner shut off electricity to the house before arrival. Crews found no fire extension into the surrounding wall, cut and taped off the wire and re-energized electrical breakers. Homeowner was told to contact a qualified electrician to repair.

At 2:54pm Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to one-car accident on westbound I-90. Upon arrival, patient was out of the vehicle with bystander wrapping his forearm. Patient stated he was fine and did not require transport to hospital. On exam patient was found to have a small contusion on the back side of his head, and a small burn to the underside of his forearm. Driver stated he was driving around 70-80 mph when his vehicle lost control when changing lanes.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 24th

At 12:10pm Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to the Woodlands apartments for an activated fire alarm. It was determined a faulty pull station was the cause of the alarm. Crews attempted a repair of the pull station and alarm reset. Maintenance staff was going to monitor the station to ensure it was working properly.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 25th

At 12:22am Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a non-injury bike accident. A 30-year-old male was blown off his bike by the wind. The patient was not injured, and firefighters gave him a ride home.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 26th

At 2:17am Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to an accidental activation of a residential alarm. Owner were trying to change the batteries and pushed the alarm button.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 30th

At 9:20 pm Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted another medical unit with transporting an 18-year-old diabetic with high blood sugar to Snoqualmie Hospital.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

December 1st

At 9:20 am Snoqualmie Firefighters investigated a report of gas odor around Stellar Park. A jogger running by smelled gas on a trail between the park and Lake Alice residences. Firefighters walked the trail behind the park, spoke with a Lake Alice homeowner who had nothing to report, and walked the trail to the power line access trail – nothing found.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

December 4th

At 3:58am Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a single car motor vehicle accident on west-bound I-90. Vehicle was in the median on its top, with moderate damage. Firefighters assisted the driver who was still in the car, upside down and remained seat belted. Examination of driver showed no obvious injuries, but patient reported soreness and declined further medical assessment and ambulance transportation.

At 1:33pm Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a fire alarm at the Mt. Si Freshman campus. Alarm was set off by a volleyball breaking the beam detector in the gym. Alarm technician for the school district was on scene and reset the system.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

December 5th

At 11:34 am Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a Lifeline medical button activation for an 84-year-old male patient who had fallen, no further information. On arrival, firefighters made access into the house and found no patient at the scene.

[In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 9 medical aid incidents bringing the total number of calls to date to 907.]

Speak Your Mind

*

%d bloggers like this: