Last night, the City of North Bend received an estimated 8-11 inches of new snow on top of the already existing snow.
The overnight storm included blizzard-like conditions that stretched into the early morning hours. Areas to the west – like Snoqualmie – received less snow, and Issaquah received rain.
Here are a few updates:
- I-90 has extremely treacherous road conditions east of the SR-18/I-90 interchange. Issaquah and other lower elevation cities did not receive new snow. Road conditions west of the SR-18/I-90 interchange are much more passable.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass is closed between North Bend exit 34 and Ellensburg exit 106 due to avalanche danger. WSDOT will evaluate pass conditions at 5PM to determine a reopening time.
- Republic Services is still unable to retrieve garbage at individual homes and businesses. Three bins have been completely filled at Torguson Park. The City hopes to secure more containers soon with the help of Republic Services. We will provide an update when/if new collection bins are placed and ready.
- The City has requested assistance from City of Issaquah, as Issaquah roads have mostly melted. Two large Issaquah snowplows will be arriving this afternoon. North Bend Public Works employees have been working extremely hard for the past 8 days and this help from a nearby City is tremendously appreciated. The Cities of North Bend and Issaquah have a mutual aid contract for this type of scenario.
- All 4 City snowplows were operating last night, which were chained up to manage the whiteout conditions. See City Snowplow Route Map and plan HERE.
- Priority 1 roads in the City have been plowed, but remain snow packed and icy. They are passable, but we recommend you do not drive today unless you have AWD, proper tires and have driving experience in winter conditions.
- The City is plowing Priority 2 roads now. Plowing of Priority 3 roads will hopefully begin later today.
- If you can, please shovel snow from your driveways into your yards so that you can park vehicles in your driveways which will allow snowplows to operate more effectively.
- Several major retail parking lots like QFC were unplowed as of 9:30AM, so please keep that in mind if you plan on travelling to the store.
- Snoqualmie Valley Transportation is not operating buses in North Bend today.
- King County Metro is not operating buses in North Bend today.
- Snoqualmie Valley School District, Encompass, Si View Parks, and the Mt. Si Senior Center are all closed today.
Visit the City of North Bend website homepage (www.northbendwa.gov) for more information on street treatment and snowplow route info.
[Information provided by the City of North Bend]