Snoqualmie resident Danielle Duvall is no stranger to the traumatic effects of a rising river. In 2009 she and her family were evacuated from their Snoqualmie home as heavy rain, melting snow and a fast-rising Snoqualmie River swelled into city streets.
In an effort to give back, Danielle (along with Snoqualmie resident Sarah Burns) are organizing a fundraiser to help families affected by the unprecedented, torrential flooding in the Houston, Texas area.
Helping Danielle with her efforts is her close friend and former Snoqualmie resident, Kim Smith, who actually helped the Duvall’s evacuate their flooded home in 2009. Kim and her family now reside in the Houston area.
The jist of this “Snoqualmie-to Houston-Fundraiser” is to collect 300 gift cards that will be sent to Kim Smith in Houston on Friday afternoon, September 1, 2017. Danielle is coordinating with Kim and two other Houston area women, all of whom are helping with this fundraiser while their own homes are threatened by rain and flooding from Hurricane/Tropical Storm Harvey.
The Houston women are working with local churches and shelters near their homes and plan to get these gift cards directly AND quickly to flood victims in their own communities.
Gift Cards will be collected in the Snoqualmie Valley by Danielle [and helpers] as follows:
- Wednesday, 8/30 – Outside Snoqualmie Ridge Starbucks by IGA, 9:30AM-10:30AM
- Thursday, 8/31 – Outside Pioneer Coffee in North Bend, 9:30AM-10:30AM
- Thursday, 8/31 – Outside Snoqualmie Ridge IGA, 6PM-7P
- Friday, 9/1 – Outside Cafe Minee in downtown Snoqualmie. 9:30AM-10:30AM
Suggested gift cards include:
- Grocery: Kroger and Randall
- Home Improvement: Lowes, Home Depot
- Gas: Exxon, Valero, BP, Shell, Chevron, Texaco
- Home Goods: Target, WalMart
- General: Visa, MC, Amex, Amazon