Need a little bit of normalcy during this time of COVID? Well, here’s some good news – the North Bend Farmers Market officially opened for the 2020 season this past Thursday, June 11th.
The market will continue to be open – with modified operations – each Thursday until September 10th from 4PM to 8PM
Si View Parks said the COVID-19 pandemic, though, has brought about many changes to North Bend Farmers Market, including starting the season as a much smaller operation with farm and processor vendors only.
New procedures are also in place are also to ensure safety of shoppers, vendors and staff – including a hand washing station at market entry; a new layout to maintain 10 feet of distance between booths and allow for more distancing and better circulation; designated entry/exit points to limit the number of shoppers to two people per booth at any one time; one-way foot traffic to further reduce crowding; no sampling of products
Si View Parks said, “While we must forgo the summer concerts and activities for now, we are thrilled for this first step of resuming activities at the park.”
The below list of vendors was at the North Bend Farmer’s Market last week. In the coming weeks, more vendors will be added as additional produce becomes ready for harvesting, and when more vendor types are approved.
- Bautista Farms with Yakima Valley produce
- Hayton Farms with Skagit Valley berries
- Mt Si Fungi with mushrooms
- Bees in the Burbs with local honey
- Dao Thao Garden with fresh cut bouquets
- The North Bend Bakery with freshly baked goods
- Aguilar Farms with Yakima Valley produce
- Forest Fairy Bakery with freshly baked goods
- H & H Creations with cheese spreads and baguettes
- Convergence Zone Cellars with local wines
The North Bend Farmers Market operates at Si View Park, 400 SE Orchard Drive, each Thursday from 4-8PM.
Market Shopper Expectations include:
- Stay home if you are sick. Stay home if you have been in contact with someone who is sick.
- Leave pets at home, service animals welcome.
- Face coverings are recommended for everyone who can wear them.
- Designate one shopper per family and come prepared to move quickly through the market to help limit crowding.
- Do not touch market products, the vendors will help you.
- Maintain 6 feet of space around you at all times.
- Follow all guidance from staff and posted signage.
- Bring your reusable shopping bag, you will be the only one touching it.