Clough Creek Bridge is a 16-foot-long span located on 415th Way SE at SE 141st Street south of North Bend, WA.
More than 1,300 vehicles use the 73-year-old bridge every day. However, the support girders under the bridge deck are old and can no longer bear the weight of commercial trucks.
This project removes the deteriorating concrete beams and replaces them with new prefabricated concrete girders. These upgrades will restore the bridge to its original strength and make it possible for trucks heavier than 22 tons to use the bridge.
Construction work requires a full road closure for two weeks. All traffic, including emergency response vehicles, pedestrians and bicycles, will be detoured around the closure via 436th Avenue SE/Cedar Falls Road SE.
There is not enough room to build a temporary bridge or keep the current bridge open during construction. The county must close the bridge to all traffic in order to remove and replace the existing bridge.
- The bridge will be closed to traffic for two weeks in a row starting at 7 a.m. Monday, Aug. 7 through 4 p.m. Monday, Aug. 21.
- Message boards reminding drivers of the closure dates will be placed at the project location 10 days in advance of the closure.
- Closure dates are subject to change. Visit Kingcounty.gov/MyCommute for the latest information.
Information for Residents
Emergency services (Fire, Aid, Sheriff)
- The bridge must be completely dismantled and rebuilt. It will not be open to any traffic, including emergency responders, for the duration of the construction closure. All local emergency service providers must use the detour.
US Mail is expected to continue as usual
- King County has reached out to North Bend Post Office. It’s their understanding that carriers will use the detour, and mail delivery will continue. If you have any questions or would like more information, contact the North Bend Post Office at 425-831-7020.
Delivery vehicles, service providers, visitors and more
- All delivery services, including packages, food, and any other house delivery service providers, will need to use the detour. The County was not able to contact each service, but It may be helpful to add notes to your orders or, if possible, have your packages delivered to a different location.
- Please inform all guests, visitors, delivery vehicles and service providers to take the detour during the full closure.
Garbage and recycling services
- The county has contacted Republic Services garbage collection. Collectors are aware of the project and the detour and have indicated they are able to use the detour. If you have questions, please call Republic Services directly: 206-682-9730.
- Residents may also self-haul garbage and recycling to the Cedar Falls Drop Box located at: 16925 Cedar Falls Road SE North Bend, Washington 98045