Did you know the Summit at Snoqualmie ski slopes turned 75 this year? It’s true, and today, March 24, 2013, they are formally celebrating – and part of the celebration includes a special Summit West lift ticket for only $19.37.
“The Summit at Snoqualmie has a very rich history with so many contributors and stories within our 75 years of operations,” says Guy Lawrence, marketing director for The Summit at Snoqualmie. “This is our chance to really celebrate an amazing journey with everyone, past and present.”
The Summit West base area hosts today’s festivities with a large number of planned events, including welcoming back many significant contributors to the history of skiing and snowboarding at Snoqualmie Pass like David Moffett, past president of pass ski areas. Moffett also happens to the son of Snoqualmie Summit Ski Area founder, Webb Moffett.
If you’re heading up to the slopes today, you’re encouraged to wear retro ski and snowboard gear. In addition to the formalities, entertainment includes a photo booth, face painting and a fun pond skim event, as well as live music most of the day. The Summit at Snoqualmie will also premiere a 75th Anniversary video during the event.
Near perfect ski conditions were reported at The Summit yesterday, March 23rd. Thursday and Friday brought over a foot of fresh, powdery snow to Snoqualmie Pass. Today, like Saturday, features mostly clear skies.
Three days into spring and the summit of Alpental still has a 62″ base. Market Director, Guy Lawrence says, “Conditions are setting up nicely for a classic spring season.” The Summit at Snoqualmie is hoping to keep slopes open until the beginning of May this year.
The Summit at Snoqualmie 75th Anniversary Event Schedule:
- 9:00am – Lifts open!
- 9am – 4PM – Face painting, retro photo booth, history booth, Summit giveaways booth, Outdoors For All booth, Snowrider Project booth, and US Forest Service booth, oldest season pass contest and more…
- 12:00PM – 2:00PM – 1st band plays ‘Shivering Denizens’
- 12:30PM – 5:00PM – Henry’s “Good Beer made Easy” Garden
- 2:00PM – 2:30PM – 75th Anniversary presentation and cake cutting on the plaza
- 2:45 PM – Retro themed Pond Skim begins
- 4:00 – 4:30PM – Pond Skim Awards
- 4:30 – 6:00PM – More Live Music
- 5PM – Lifts Close