- Beginning at 10 p.m. Monday, May 10 to 4 a.m. Friday, May 14: The SR 202 Snoqualmie River bridge will be closed 24 hours a day. Posted detour signs will redirect travelers to I-90. The bridge sidewalks will remain open to pedestrians.
- Sign up to receive email updates about this project and other King County topics.
- Check our Flickr page for detour maps and progress photos.
During spring and summer 2021, contractor crews working for WSDOT will repave SR 202 between Snoqualmie Falls and Boalch Avenue Northwest. Crews will also repave and make repairs to the SR 202 Snoqualmie River bridge and install new curb ramps at intersections.
Needs & benefits
Approximately 12,000 vehicles use SR 202 in this area each day. The road was last paved in 1995 and the existing concrete has outlived its expected lifespan. This project will replace the worn road, make needed repairs to the SR 202 Snoqualmie River bridge and install curb ramps at intersections to maintain access for people of all abilities. Bridge repairs include removing the asphalt deck overlay, replacing the waterproof membrane, replacing expansion joints and repaving with new asphalt.
These improvements will keep this stretch of SR 202 in a state of good repair and provide a reliably smooth ride to travelers.
What travelers need to know
This project requires a combination of daytime and nighttime lane closures for pavement removal and repaving. Flaggers will alternate traffic through an open lane during the work. Bridge repairs on the SR 202 Snoqualmie River bridge between the Railroad Avenue roundabout and Snoqualmie Parkway will require the following full closure:
- 10 p.m. Monday, May 10 to 4 a.m. Friday, May 14.: The SR 202 Snoqualmie River bridge will be closed. Posted detour signs will redirect travelers to I-90. The bridge sidewalks will remain open to pedestrians.
- March 1, 2021: The project was awarded to Lakeside Industries, Inc.
- April 19, 2021: Construction began.
- October 2021: Construction is scheduled to be complete.
|Financial Data for PIN 120290A|
|Funding SourceAmount ($ in thousands)2003 Gas Tax (Nickel Funding)$02005 Gas Tax (TPA)$0Pre-Existing Funds (PEF)$2,806CWA$0Total$2,806|