The under-construction store may not look like it could open in two weeks, but Safeway said it will, saying on Wednesday, August 23rd, at noon, the Snoqualmie Valley community is invited to celebrate the grand opening of the new Snoqualmie Safeway.
The 43,405 square foot store at 34828 SE Douglas Street will be open from 5AM – 1AM daily. Its adjacent fuel station will open in October, with a kiosk open from 6AM to 10PM daily and 24-hour availability for the fuel dispensers.
Via press release Safeway said the new store will include all the specialty departments that loyal customers have come to expect from its stores, as well as new features that will premiere at this store:
- a deluxe deli that includes made-to-order pho, sushi, rice bowls, and sizzling wok meals, as well as ready-made sandwich choices, expanded cheese case, soup bar and wing bar
- an expanded produce department will offer an abundant variety of organic and locally grown produce, as well as a fresh-cut fruit and vegetable center
- enhanced local, natural, organic, specialty, healthy and ethnic offerings
- full-service butcher block with a vast array of fresh meat and seafood offerings
- a scratch bakery, with custom cake services, including photo cakes
- a premium wine and spirits department with a plentiful selection of local choices
- an abundant floral department with a full-serve kiosk
- a Starbucks kiosk with a large indoor-outdoor seating area and fireplace.
In addition, the interior decor for the store will be the first Safeway of this design in the Pacific Northwest.
Ceremony & Celebration
The community celebration begin with a ribbon cutting ceremony at 12:00pm, which will include:
- performances by Blue Thunder and Sea Gals;
- random selection of 250 customers to receive free groceries
- give-away of 100 tickets to the Boeing Classic (first come, first serve)
- give-away of organic fruit popsicles and localized reusable bags
- sampling of from local vendors and Safeway OWN brand products
- appearance by Seahawks mascot Blitz @ 2:00pm.
Store is Hiring
Per the press release, the Snoqualmie Safeway will employ 130 people and is managed by Casey Henriksen, who has been with the company for more than 17 years. There are currently several open positions for this store. The starting wage for entry-level positions is $13/hr, with paid training, and a $500 bonus after 90 days on the job. For those with retail experience, wages will be very competitive. The benefits of employment at the store include highly flexible scheduling, a variety of promotional opportunities, employee discounts and substantial union benefits. If interested, please call 425-471-9302, visit the store location, or apply at www.careersatsafeway.com.