Icicle Village Resort, a family-friendly resort surrounded by views of the Cascade Mountains and steps away from downtown Leavenworth, kicks off the holiday season with seasonal happenings and events.
Enjoy a stay at Icicle Village Resort (rates start at $242)
- Tea with Santa – A long-time Icicle Village Resort tradition, The Man Himself will make weekly appearances with his sidekick pals from the North Pole for tea, hot chocolate, and all the photo ops you could ever ask for.
- Elf Cookie Delivery – Icicle Village guests can enjoy surprise and delight holiday cookie in-room delivery from Santa’s trusted Elves, featuring six scratch-made cookies and two glasses of milk to get you in the perfect (sugar-filled) holiday spirit. Does it get any cuter?
- Christmas Dinner (Dine In and To Go!) — Festive German fare will be served all Winter long at onsite restaurant JJ Hills Fresh Grill, led by Executive Chef Will Whitney. An elevated prix fixe menu will be available for dine-in and to-go on Christmas and Christmas Eve for all enjoyment and no stress.
- Rocky Pond Tasting Room –There’s nothing like a glass of wine to warm you right up, and lucky for you, Leavenworth’s newest tasting room is in Icicle Village Resort. Stop in to raise a glass for the upcoming New Year!
- Onsite Adventures – Icicle Village Resort features a range of fun attractions on the property, including mini golf, a private heated pool and hot tub, a game room, and a sports court. Or shed your snow gear and take advantage of the onsite outdoor firepit table – the perfect place to unwind, relax and catch your breath while enjoying panoramic views of the snowcapped Cascade Mountains.
In and Around Town
- Village of Lights – From Thanksgiving to February, downtown Leavenworth shines bright like a diamond with over half a million lights, on from 6 am until 11 pm daily. There is no charge to visit Leavenworth and see the lights — it’s like free admission to the inside of a snow globe!
- Christmastown – Amidst the Village of Lights, downtown Leavenworth transforms into Christmastown – an idyllic holiday-scape with choirs, carolers, character appearances, family photo stations, gingerbread house displays, free gift-wrapping stations, crafts for kids, story corners, and letter writing to Santa.
- Winter Karneval – We weren’t kidding when we said the fun continues all season! During weekends in January, Leavenworth’s annual Winter Karneval will honor this beloved German tradition dating back to the thirteenth century, commonly called ‘Fasching.’ The festivities will include ice carving and Fireworks over MLK Day weekend.
- Leavenworth Adventure Park – Leavenworth’s hottest attraction provides a Bavarian twist on the classic theme park experience. Open year-round, guests can book tickets in advance or try and snag a same-day pass (warning, they go fast!) Enjoy complimentary breakfast at Icicle Village Resort and fuel up for a day of Adventure Park fun.
- Leavenworth Reindeer Farm – It turns out they’re real, folks! Guests can hand-feed and interact with the whole herd at the family-run Leavenworth Reindeer Farm. Book your visit in early 2024, and you might catch the grand opening of the West Coast’s largest geodesic projection dome featuring Northern Lights shows!