Fire Blotter | Two head-on accidents just hours apart; broken water pipes at freshman campus, Safeway; tipped semi spills 15 tons of ice melt at interchange

February 7th

At 9:08AM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted other Eastside units in North Bend with a 2-vehicle, head-on motor vehicle accident. Crews took care of scene safety and helped with patient boarding for transport to Swedish Hospital.

At 11:49AM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted other Eastside units in North Bend with a second, 2-vehicle, head-on motor vehicle accident. Crew assisted with patient care of a restrained driver in vehicle #1 who had caused the incident. Patient was transported to Snoqualmie Valley Hospital.

At 9:12PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a reported water leak at the Mt. Si Freshman Campus. Police on scene advised a need for assistance securing water spilling from a broken pipe. No sprinkler water flow alarm sounded. Crews arrived and found the dry system outside the gymnasium had a broken pipe on the drain line, resulting in active water flow from the system. The dry riser was secured, drained and system pump was shut down. School maintenance was notified of the problem, including the lack of a fire alarm signal.

February 8th

At 7:12AM Snoqualmie Firefighters aided an 88-year-old woman who slipped and fell, non-injury. Crew assisted the patient to her feet and then back to bed. Patient denied injury and just wanted help up.

February 10th

At 2:16PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a station phone call from a neighbor who had observed a water leak at their next door neighbor’s residence. Crews secured the water at the main and got a contact number from the Police Department to let the homeowner know about the leak.

February 12th

At 11:22AM, 2:29PM, 5:43PM & 11:18PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to numerous false fire alarms caused by a faulty heat detector at the new Hampton Inn. Crew supervisor talked with the manager about getting an alarm tech to check the system who stated a tech was scheduled to come in the next day.

At 4:07PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a residential fire alarm. Homeowner stated he believed he has a water problem in his house and this was the cause. The homeowner was advised to seek repair.

At 10:14PM Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to the Salish Lodge for a reported fire alarm. On arrival, managers advised that they had turned off their hood vents while the burners were still turned on. Firefighters reset the system and advised staff to get the trouble alarms repaired by an alarm tech.

February 13th

At 12:37PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to Safeway for a water flow alarm called in by the alarm company. Crew was met by the store director who stated an outside pipe had burst and they did not know how to shut off the water. Firefighters secured the water and was able to reset the alarm. Store director was advised to get a sprinkler tech onsite immediately to shut down the system and get it drained before the temperatures dropped below freezing that night.

February 14th

At 1:54PM Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a Ridge business fire alarm whose dry alarm system went wet. Prior to firefighters arriving, the business owner had already called for a technician to reset the system.

February 15th

At 9:28AM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted a second Eastside unit treating a 35-year-old male patient experiencing cardiac arrest. Patient was transported to Snoqualmie Valley Hospital.

February 16th

At 9:43AM Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a turned over semi-truck at the intersection of I-90 and Highway 18 that spilled 15 tons of ice melt. Arrived to find the box from the semi-trailer turned over, but nobody on scene. Salt had spilled onto the shoulder and grass off the road. Cones had
already been placed around the box. Scene turned over to the police.

February 18th

At 8:30AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a passenger vehicle fire on SR202 at the 9200 block. Initial reports of flames inside the vehicle and black smoke. Driver stated he heard a noise in the dash like something was stuck in the heater fan with smoke entering the car. As soon as he pulled over, he opened the window so smoke would clear, and then saw flames from the dashboard. He exited the vehicle and called 911. Firefighters arrived to find the vehicle fully involved in fire. The fire was quickly extinguished using tank water and minimal amounts of foam. After the fire was out, it was confirmed that there were no occupants inside of the vehicle and no unusual fire load. Investigation determined this to be an accidental fire caused by malfunctioning equipment, likely the car heater. No injuries reported. Scene was turned over to Snoqualmie Police Department.

February 19th

At 4:25PM Snoqualmie Firefighters investigated a burned-out light bulb in a chandelier at a Ridge residence. The homeowner said she smelled smoke and saw the bulb on fire. She then threw baking soda on the bulb. Crews arrived to find no smoke or fire and removed the socket. Instructed the homeowner to replace the rest of the bulbs with LED lights.

[In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 10 medical aid incidents bringing the total number of calls to date of 161 for 2019.]

Speak Your Mind

*

%d bloggers like this: