Fire Blotter | successful CPR; very sound sleeper; chemical spill sickens employee

January 9th

Around 1AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a single car accident in the northeast area of North Bend. The vehicle had crashed into a tree. The driver self-extricated and his car caught on fire. He was transported to Overlake Hospital in Bellevue.

At 1:25AM Snoqualmie Firefighters were called to the North Bend Red Oak Residence for an individual who had fallen. The patient was treated and transferred to another ambulance agency.

Around 7:30AM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted a 48-year-old female who had fallen down the stairs. She was taken to Swedish Hospital in Issaquah.

Around 9:15PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a child who had possibly stuck something in her nose and was unable to clear it. Firefighters evaluated the patient and determined it to be a non- emergency visit that required the family to take the child to the ER.

January 11th

Around 1:15AM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted a 63-year-old male fall patient. He was at the Snoqualmie Post office getting his mail, when he became weak and fell to the ground. He just need assistance getting up off the floor. He was evaluated and able to walk out to his car and drive home.

At 10:40AM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a report of tree branches hanging over the street from a downed tree. Crew arrived on scene and cleared the road of any hazards.

Around 11AM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a possible car fire. Upon arrival crews found a Ford pickup parked on the side of the road with its hood up, but no fire. Crews spoke with the owner who stated there was smoke coming from under the hood and he could smell something. When he opened the hood he discovered a small fire and extinguished it on his own.

January 13th

At 3:50AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at the Snoqualmie Casino. Crews were met outside by security and was told someone ran over a fire hydrant and drained their water system. Alarm reset.

Around 8:30AM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted a fall patient located in historic Snoqualmie. The individual was on the ground and unable to get up. He was evaluated and determined uninjured, then lifted and placed inside a metro bus.

Around 4PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a fire alarm at the Hampton Inn Hotel. The heat detector was set off due to steam in the shower. Crews reset the system.

Around 10:40PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a residential fire alarm. The alarm was faulty, turned off and the owner was going to contact Comcast the following morning.

January 14th

Around 3AM Snoqualmie Firefighters were called to a residential smoke alarm going off for over an hour. No smoke or fire was found in the residence. Crews pulled the detectors down and notified the homeowner they needed to be replaced.

Around 2PM Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched two emergency vehicles to a reported structure fire at Fire Station 188 in North Bend. Crews arrived and were advised of a fire in the apparatus bay coming from the aid car. Firefighters initiated fire attack while other units established a command and standby team. The fire was brought under control and units released.

At 9:20PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a reported tree across the roadway near 396 Drive SE & SE 60th Street. Initial reports said a tree about the size of a telephone pole was down in the roadway with wires down as well. Crews arrived and found wires down, along with damage to several power poles. It was unclear if the lines were power or communications. However, due to the nature of the trees around the area, it was deemed unsafe to clear the roadway. Unit advised PSE and the King County Sheriff’s Office of the need to close that section of SE 60th (no homes affected) and have PSE remove the tree. Crews closed the roadway with flares and left the scene.

January 15th

Around 1PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to Starbucks for a smell of smoke inside the structure. Employees stated they started smelling a burning plastic smell, called 911 and evacuated the store. The unit arrived, the store was evacuated, with a slight smell of burning plastic inside. Crews made access to the roof and found out that the HVAC unit had been serviced the previous day and one of the panels left open. It was determined that inclement weather may have caused an issue with that unit. Power was secured and building management notified.

Around 5PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a report of a tree down on Tokul Road. Crews arrived and located a small tree partially blocking the roadway. The tree was cut and King County Roads crew that was out plowing cleared the remainder of the debris.

January 16th

Around 4:30PM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted a female patient in historic Snoqualmie who had fallen and couldn’t recover. She was examined with no further action.

January 17th

Around 4PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a 2-vehicle accident on Railroad Avenue. The driver of the first vehicle said he hit the second vehicle accidentally. All involved were examined and no injuries noted.

Around 7PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to the old IGA store for a fire alarm. On arrival crews were met by Snoqualmie Police, who stated the front door was propped open and the fire alarm showed in trouble mode. The building was checked, and nothing found. Crews attempted to contact an alarm company, but no alarm company was listed, and the alarm appeared to not be monitored. The alarm was left in trouble mode and the building was secured.

January 18th

Around 3PM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted a 62-year-old male who had fallen. He was examined and transported to Swedish Hospital in Issaquah.

Around 4PM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted a woman located in a Ridge home who had fallen. She was was examined and transported to Swedish Hospital in Issaquah.

January 19th

At 1:30AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a one-car motor vehicle accident at the casino. The driver was examined and had no injuries.

Around 2:30AM Snoqualmie Firefighters were called by Snoqualmie Police to the Hampton Inn for a 10-year-old girl locked in a hotel room and not responding. Crews arrived to find SPD, the hotel staff and the girl’s parents outside the door trying to get the girl to wake up and open the dead bolted door. When this did not work, the hotel staff gave permission for the fire crews to force the door open. The girl was found sleeping, not hurt and did not hear people trying to get in.

January 20th

At 12:35PM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted other units with a two-vehicle collision in North Bend. Crews transported one patient to Overlake Hospital for further evaluation and treatment.

January 21st

At 10PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a reported cardiac arrest of a 36-year-old female. CPR was successful and the patient was transferred to another unit and transported to Overlake Hospital.

January 22nd

Around 11:30AM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched initially to Snoqualmie Tribal offices for a patient experiencing dizziness, nausea and vomiting. The call was then upgraded to a Hazardous Materials incident and additional units were dispatched.

SFD crew officer met with the building’s facility manager and was informed there had been a chemical spill (a cleaning agent) in the building, but the spill had been mitigated. The employee stated the spill was found two days ago, but some of the employees were suffering from side effects of the chemical smell. The facility manager stated they had spoken with a representative of the chemical company who instructed them to pull up the tiles under the spill and use baking soda to contain any remaining spill.

Crews made entry into the building to evacuate any remaining employees and check for dangers. The spill had been contained to one room and all the chemicals in question had been removed outside to the back of the building. Fans had been set up and windows and doors opened in the building to help mitigate the fumes.

The room of origin was taped off and the wing involved was cordoned off from employees. Crews evaluated four employees and one was transported to Snoqualmie Hospital.

Building officials were informed that they would need to seek out a professional hazardous abatement team to mitigate the smell and remaining spill issues.

[In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 12 medical aid incidents bringing the total number of calls to 75 for 2020.]

Speak Your Mind

*

%d bloggers like this: