Here are a few calls for service the Snoqualmie Fire Department responded during the past two weeks:
At 10:41AM Snoqualmie Firefighters along with multiple Eastside units dispatched to a reported series of brush fires along I-90. The fires were along an area of approximately 2-miles, between mile -posts 43 and 45 – on the westbound side. Snoqualmie Firefighters handled an approximate 10’x100′ fire area. No obvious cause, however there were indicators of a mechanical failure on a trailer which could have caused the incident. All fires were extinguished, and area turned over to Washington State Patrol for follow-up.
At 6:24AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to an activated fire alarm at the YMCA called in by the alarm company. The station had received information overnight of construction activity at the facility that would possibly set off the alarm. Firefighters arrived to find a facilities crew onsite doing construction work. Supervisor advised that he was grinding concrete, and dust is what set it off. No signs of fire. Alarm was reset and left instructions with the construction crew that included
dust control for continued work.
At 11:37AM Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a hazardous spill. Substance was spilled inside a garage and occupant was experiencing a scratchy throat and itchy eyes. Patient spilled the chemical on herself, then took a bath and called 911. Firefighters recommended she be transported to a hospital for further evaluation, but patient refused, stating her husband would take her in if she felt any worse.
At 6:43PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were called to Snoqualmie Valley Hospital to set up a landing zone. However, helicopter was diverted to a field in North Bend.
At 3:26PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to an activated fire alarm at a downtown business. Alarm was set off by an accidental pulling of a pull station. Alarm was reset.
At 7:15PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a report of a small back yard fire. Fire was extinguished by the homeowner.
At 1:33 am Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted other Eastside units with a single-vehicle auto accident on SR 18. Firefighters helped with patient extraction and care.
At 2:20AM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted with tree removal at a single-vehicle auto accident on westbound I-90.
At 5:46AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to an activated fire alarm at Motion Water Sports. A tripped beam detector was the cause. No fire.
At 7:01 pm Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a reported residential fire alarm sounding. Call came from the alarm company. Unit arrived to find no signs of fire from the exterior and no audible alarm. Firefighters contacted the homeowner to find he had been trying to change the batteries in his smoke alarm and inadvertently tripped the system. He stated he attempted to silence the alarm by pressing the fire symbol, but it did not work. Eventually was able to silence the alarm.
At 8:48AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to the Snoqualmie Ridge medical clinic for a reported activated fire alarm called in by the alarm company. Upon arrival, firefighters observed bells and strobes with no signs of fire from the exterior. The building appeared to be evacuated. A representative onsite advised they believed it to be the autoclave room in the center of the building. Firefighters investigated and determined the autoclave to be the issue, by being used in a small, approximately 25 square-foot room with no ventilation. The alarm system was reset, and occupants were advised to either relocate the unit or to ventilate the room.
At 6:26PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a reported motor vehicle-pedestrian collision with injuries. Snoqualmie Police Department was on scene and requesting aid. Firefighters arrived to find one patient sitting on the side of the road with what appeared to be minor injuries. Patient stated they had run out into the road after delivering a package, coming out between two parked cars and not paying attention and was struck by an SUV. Individual denied any major pain complaints, however due to damage to the front of the SUV indicating potential, patient was placed in a cervical collar and transported to Snoqualmie Valley Hospital.
At 9:22PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a report of a gas odor inside a residence. The caller advised her daughters had come home and stated the smell was very strong in the downstairs when they first walked in, so they opted to call the fire station for advice. Firefighters arrived to find a slight odor of compressed natural gas inside of the home on the main floor. After walking through the structure with a portable gas monitor, it was determined there was no threat of explosion. Further investigation revealed that a burner on the range top was likely the culprit as it was not completely igniting. The homeowner was advised to not use the burner until an appliance technician could come out and give repair. Firefighters left the family with follow-up instructions.
At 4:01AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to the Ridgestone Townhomes for a report of a fire alarm called in by the alarm company. Upon arrival, firefighters found no signs of fire from the exterior, and the building was evacuated. Investigation revealed that the alarm was from the smoke detector inside of the FACP closet. There were no signs of fire. Firefighters reset the alarm and allowed the residents to return to their homes.
At 4:01AM Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched with other Eastside units responding to a single-car motor vehicle accident on I-90. Firefighters assisted in packaging driver for transport to the hospital.
At 8:38PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a phone-in report of smoke detectors going off in a vacant home that is up for sale. Crews arrived and called the realtor to gain the door access code. Crews discovered the interior was being painted and the alarm detects were going off. Crews could not find the specific activated alarm, so disconnected all of them and informed the realtor.
At 9:03PM Snoqualmie Firefighters called to the Snoqualmie Ridge Golf Clubhouse for an activated fire alarm that was caused by a child pulling the fire pull station. System was reset.
At 6:11PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to the Salish Lodge for a reported fire alarm, called in by the alarm company. Upon arrival, crews found no signs of fire from the forested sides, however were directed by staff to the loading dock area for a report of smoke. Firefighters discovered an overheated air compressor on the dry sprinkler system. The power was cut to the compressor and advised staff to call a technician for repairs ASAP.
At 12:57PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to an unconfirmed structure fire, changed by dispatch en route to grass fire. Crews found a 50 x 50 ft. grass fire with a neighbor attempting to extinguish with a garden hose. Firefighters extinguished the fire, and ground was turned over to check for further fire extension. Homeowner was made aware of the situation by the neighbor.
[In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 10 medical aid incidents bringing the total number of calls to date to 682.]