Fire Blotter | speeding car leaves road, hits tree; river rescue; ant hill on fire; RV trailer fire

May 14th

Around 5:15AM Snoqualmie Firefighters and other Eastside units responded to a motor vehicle accident on SE Mt. Si Road. The vehicle was traveling approximately 60MPH and left the roadway, hitting a tree. A pipe or pole penetrated the windshield. All units assisted with patient care who was transported to Overlake Hospital.

May 16th

Around 2:40PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a fire alarm at a local gas station. On arrival crews were met by an employee who stated the alarm had gone off for no reason and he had silenced it manually. The alarm company was contacted and they stated the system showed a faulty smoke detector. All detectors were checked and the faulty unit was not located. Firefighters informed the employee to contact the business owner to get a tech out and inspect the system.

At 3:50PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a smell of natural gas in a residence. Crews were met by the homeowners who stated their propane BBQ was left on and the propane smell wafted into the house.

May 17th

Around11:30AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to another fire alarm at the local gas station. The owner was attempting to repair the system and triggered the alarm. Firefighters advised him to contact a technician.

Around 12:45PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a third fire alarm at the local gas station in two days. Alarm was again false. Firefighters again advised occupant to contact a fire alarm technician.

Around 6PM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted a 9-year-old boy who had fallen on his bicycle and was struck in the ribs with the handlebar. He was transported to local hospital for examination.

Around 10:40PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to Echo Glen for a fire alarm. On arrival there were no signs of fire. Crews spoke with a staff who stated the main power had just been transferred over from a generator and that might have caused the alarm. Spoke with maintenance on the phone – they were on the way and would resolve the issue.

May 18th

Around 7:15PM Snoqualmie Firefighters, along with other Eastside responded to a report of a female hanging onto a log in the river. Crews arrived and conducted a search to locate victim. Once located and recovered from the river, crews assisted the patient out of the area and she was transported to the local hospital for examination.

May 19th

Around 7:15PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to an automatic fire alarm set off inside a business on Center Blvd. Crew arrived to find alarms and strobes going off in the entire block of businesses. Contact was made with a business who said they had accidentally set off a pull station inside their store. The alarm panel was secured and the alarm shut off. No fires were reported.

May 21st

Around 5:45PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a two-vehicle accident on SR18. The patient who had injuries to her lower legs from the collision stated a truck crossed over into her lane and she had t-boned it. Patient was transported to Swedish Hospital in Issaquah.

May 22nd

Around 4:30PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were called to the residence of a 47-year-old female who is well-known to the fire department. She cited several complaints, but they were incoherent. Crews made numerous attempts to take vital signs and examine the patient, but she refused. Crews departed with instructions for her to call 911 if she experiences any further ailments.

May 23rd

Around 8AM Snoqualmie Firefighters returned to the residence of the female seen the day before. Although still making incoherent claims, crews were able to take vital signs and exam her with nothing found. She was left in the care of the police department.

May 24th

Around 1PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a reported smoke odor in a residence. The homeowner called to advise they smelled either electrical or rubber smoke, but could not locate a source. On arrival the homeowner stated they smelled the odor in their office, but did not have anything else on in the room other than ceiling lights. Crews removed the light bulbs and confirmed the location of the odor. The homeowner had replaced the bulbs with low-quality LED bulbs, which resulted in one overheating. The homeowner was advised to replace the bulbs with a different type. While at the residence, crews replaced a smoke detector battery.

Around 7PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a residential fire alarm called in by an alarm monitoring company. While en route, crews received information that the homeowner had called into the alarm company and advised the alarm was false and set off by cooking. Crews downgraded the call to non-emergency and continued to the scene to verify there was no fire.

May 25th

At 1:15PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a phone-in report of a bark and ant hill that was on fire near Weyerhauser Mainline Road. The caller advised someone had deliberately ignited an ant hill near a gate and left the area. Crews were met by the caller who stated he did see juveniles in the area, but when questioned they knew nothing and fled the scene. Crews observed smoke coming from an area of tall grass. The area, a 3×3 natural vegetation pile of duff and tree needles, was smoldering and had significant charring over the entire area. An oil can was noted as being open and immediately next to the burn area. Crews began the overhaul process to expose all of the burning material, expanding to an approximate 8’x8′ area of burning underneath the grass cover. They cleared the area of fuels, applied water and continued through the overhaul process until no additional heat was found. The King County Fire Investigation Unit was advised of the situation.

May 26th

At 1:15 pm Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a parked RV trailer fire. A passerby called in the fire and believed the trailer has been there for years. He said he saw smoke, flames and someone running into the woods. Crews found a smoldering pile of garbage in between the frame of a vehicle and the trailer. The fire had extended into a vehicle tire and wheel well on the trailer. Some damage was observed on the fender and siding of the trailer. The fire appeared to have been started by a candle and was extinguished. Although locked, firefighters gained entry to inspect for fire. Trailer and interior were in a dilapidated state, although there were sheets and pillow on the bed.

[In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 11 medical aid incidents bringing the total number of calls to 401 for 2020.]

Comments are closed.

Living Snoqualmie