Fire Blotter | newspaper middle-of-the road fire; assistance back to the couch; Parkway rear-ended; that was no small kitchen fire

Here are a few of the calls the Snoqualmie Fire Department responded to over the past two weeks:

March 30th

At around 1:20PM, firefighters dispatched to a local residence where the fire alarm was going off. They determined it was just a faulty smoke alarm and advised the homeowners to replace it.

At around 9:00PM, Snoqualmie firefighters responded to a reported newspaper fire in the middle of the street on Peggy’s Place Road. The homeowner who called in the report said it was the second time in the past week that this happened. The paper was extinguished and cool upon arrival. The firefighters took pictures and informed the remaining Fire Department crews and Police Department to be aware of the situation.

March 31st

At around 6:00AM, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded with other east-side units to an activated fire alarm at the North Bend outlet mall. Nothing was found.

At around 10:30PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted a fall patient who needed assistance getting off the floor and onto the couch. Patient was non-injured and refused evaluation.

April 1st

At around 6:45PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to an alarm at the Snoqualmie Golf Course Clubhouse. Nothing was seen upon arrival. Alarm panel displayed the wood-fired pizza oven area. Inspected oven and ceiling visually and with the TIC
(thermal imaging camera) – nothing found. Alarm re-set without problems.

At around 7:15PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a 2-car motor vehicle accident due to heavy snowfall at mile-post 31 on I-90. There was an initial report of a pregnant female trapped in mini-van that was resting on its passenger side 30 feet off the road. Firefighters made contact with another motorist who had stopped to help. All occupants but the mother had been assisted out of the vehicle and were on the side of the road when unit arrived. Snoqualmie Firefighters along with citizens were able to get the woman out, but she was confirmed deceased. Firefighters transported the three remaining patients to Harborview Medical Center.

April 2nd

At around 10:30AM, Fire Station administration received a phone call from a homeowner inquiring about the need to file a report regarding kitchen fire. The homeowner advised that he had a small fire in his kitchen the night before around 10:30pm, put it out by himself using his garden hose, and did not call 911 to report it. Snoqualmie Fire duty lieutenant investigated and observed severe fire damage to the kitchen and heavy smoke damage throughout the house. King County Sheriff’s Office
was contacted to investigate.

At around 1:40PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a report of a woman involved in a rear-end motor vehicle accident. Patient was driving down Snoqualmie Parkway when she came to a stop, the vehicle behind her did not stop in time and she was struck. She was complaining of pain on the right side of her head and neck. She was evaluated with nothing found except right-side neck pain. She said she did not want to go to the hospital and was released.

At around 2:15PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to an activated fire alarm in a Ridge commercial structure. The alarm was set off by cooking on a stove without proper ventilation. The room was cleared of smoke and alarm reset.

At around 6:15PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters participated in a fire alarm drill at Snoqualmie Valley Hospital.

April 3rd

At around 11:00AM, firefighters responded to a report of a young child who was experiencing a panic attack. The child was evaluated and then driven to the doctor by the mother.

April 8th

At around 4:00PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a Ridge residence reporting a smell of smoke/burnt plastic in the air. Using a thermal imaging camera, the odor was determined to be coming from the furnace. The homeowner was advised to have the furnace serviced.

April 9th

At around 11:00AM, Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a fire alarm at the Salish Lodge. It was determined that the alarm was set off by construction dust.

At around 7:15PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a motorcycle/motor vehicle accident on Tokul Road. Two patients with minor injuries were transported to Snoqualmie Valley Hospital.

April 10th

At around 11:30AM, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at the Salish Lodge. Alarm was again set off by construction dust.

April 11th

At around 2:45PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a motor vehicle accident on I-90. There was one minor injury. The patient was assisted by another east-side unit.

At around 7:30PM, Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to an activated fire alarm at a Ridge business. The alarm was set off by smoke from a smoke machine.

[** In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 26 medical aid incidents bringing the total number of calls to date to 271. **]

Comments are closed.

Living Snoqualmie