Fire Blotter | intoxicated and burning trash; possible COVID infection; furnace issues

March 26th

Around 12:20PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a 74-year-old male patient with a leg injury and possible COVID-19 infection. Personnel with patient contact wore full precaution Personnel Protective Equipment (goggles/N95 mask/gloves/gown). The patient was treated and transferred to another Eastside agency for transport to the local hospital.

March 30th

Around 7AM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to the intersection of Railroad Ave and Tokul Road for a report of person vomiting outside a vehicle. No patient was found.

Around 11:30AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a report of smoke odor in a house. The caller stated her gas furnace was making noise and now smelled like electrical burning. Crews arrived and found no obvious signs of fire. They made contact with the caller and secured gas and power to the furnace. A gas detector was deployed to ensure there was no CO in the house. The homeowner stated they had already called a contractor to replace or repair the furnace.

April 1st

At 4:45PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a reported fire alarm at a residence, which was called in by the homeowner. Per the homeowner, the alarms had been going off for 15-20 minutes with no signs of fire or smoke. Prior to making entry, firefighters confirmed that there were no signs of illness or fever inside the residence. The homeowner had removed the smoke detectors from the downstairs ceilings but could not complete the 2nd floor. No alarm was sounding. It appeared that age played a factor into the malfunction of the alarms. Firefighters advised the homeowner to replace the detectors.

Around 5:30PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a report of smoke coming from Pickering Court Apartments. The caller stated they saw heavy grey smoke, but couldn’t identify where it was coming from – possibly the side of the building. A unit arrived to find smoke coming from the backside of complex, but no immediate source. Investigating, it was determined the smoke was coming from a bonfire in the backyard of one of the neighboring houses. Firefighters made contact with an intoxicated male who was burning trash and yard debris in an open pit, with no hose or protection in place. Crews advised the homeowner to extinguish the fire and explained the rules for outdoor burning, which includes no burning within the city limits. The homeowner complied.

[In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 6 medical aid incidents bringing the total number of calls to 286 for 2020.]

Speak Your Mind

*

%d bloggers like this: