Around 3:15pm Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted other units with a residential fire. The caller stating she could see flames coming from the chimney. Crews arrived and determined there was a fire in the wood stove. The fire was extinguished and units released.
Around 2:10PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a medical call for a 29-year-old female experiencing a medical emergency and feeling faint. Crews utilized appropriate COVID-19 precautions and evaluated the patient. She was left at home with aftercare instructions.
Around 1:30AM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched with the Snoqualmie Police Department for a reported two- vehicle accident blocking SE Ridge St. Crews found two vehicles with moderate damage blocking the roadway and sidewalk. One vehicle had front end damage with its suspension ripped clear of the vehicle and airbags deployed and was blocking SE Ridge St. Vehicle 2 was parked, unoccupied and pushed up onto the sidewalk. The occupants were outside sitting on the curb, one stating non-injury and the other stating he had chest pain from air bags. The driver admitted to drinking and due to his minor status, parents were called to the scene. The patient was left in custody of Snoqualmie Police Department.
At 1:25PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded with other units to a reported paraglider who had fallen at least 200 yards from the launch point at PooPoo Point on Tiger Mountain. Crews secured rescue apparatus and rode with other units to the top of the mountain to provide technician assistance. Firefighters provided support at the launch site for systems, and manpower for the haul team. The atient was treated and flown to Harborview Medical Center.
Around 11AM Snoqualmie Firefighters received a call from a Ridge address with caller observing smoke haze in the area. Firefighters responded [non-emergency] to address given and talked with the caller who reported general smoke in the lower valley area. Firefighters proceeded to the Snoqualmie Ridge Clubhouse and found light smoke with no obvious origin.
Around 4:30AM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a single-story residence where the occupants had been alerted by a smoke detector of an issue with the furnace. The home had an obvious odor and the furnace was inspected by crews. The house was thermally imaged, and attic inspected. Nothing was found, but the strongest odor was found at the furnace. Crews opened the breaker and homeowner advised to heat with portable heaters and have a qualified repairman inspect the furnace.
Around 10:45PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a car fire with conflicting directions received from multiple reporting parties. The car was eventually found on westbound I-90 at milepost 24. The occupants were out and the car’s engine compartment was fully involved. Firefighters extinguished the fire.
Around 2:45PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded with other units to PooPoo Point on Tiger Mountain rescue. A paraglider was stuck in a tree 70 feet above the ground, with a possible leg fracture. The patient was removed from the tree by a specialized tree climber. Crews then packed the patient into a sling for helicopter transport to the Issaquah Swedish Hospital.
Around 1PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a residential fire called in by the homeowner. The caller advised there were no signs of fire, however, the alarms in the entire house were activated. While en-route the homeowner advised that the alarms went off and they did not want a response. Crew downgraded the call to non-emergency and made contact with the homeowner and confirmed no fire and no problem. The system had reset on its own.
Around 2:15PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were called out twice for a report of smoke in the area of Rattlesnake Road. Nothing was found after an extensive search.
Around 6:15PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a personal medical alert alarm. Crews determined alarm was set off accidentally.
Around 11PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a report of an adult female experiencing fever and nausea. The patient denied contact with any COVID-19 patients and had not travelled out of the country. However, based on symptoms and temperature, the patient was transported to Snoqualmie Valley Hospital and treated as possible COVID-19 case.
At 5:10PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at Echo Glen Children’s Center set off by juveniles during a fight. The pull station and alarm panel were reset.
Around 11:15PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a report of a 59-year old experiencing abdominal pain who had gone to the bathroom and passed out. The patient had a similar episode a couple of years ago. The patient’s wife stated he had eaten spicy food, which has a tendency to irritate his stomach. Vitals were stable and patient began feeling better while crew was on the scene and wished to stay home.
[In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 9 medical aid incidents bringing the total number of calls to 273 for 2020.]