Here are a few of the calls the Snoqualmie Fire Department responded to over the past two weeks.
Around 5:20PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched for vehicle fire on eastbound I-90. Crews found a van that had blown the left rear tire and had a small fire which had been extinguished by vehicle owner. The owner stated he had already talked to Washington State Patrol and that AAA was on the way.
Around 2:40AM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched for a residential smoke detector going off. Detector was determined to be faulty, removed and advised occupant to purchase new detectors.
Around 2:20AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a residential Carbon Monoxide alarm. Homeowners met the crew outside of the house. Crews used a gas monitor to clear the house. Nothing was found and alarm reset.
Around 3PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a residential burn complaint. A homeowner was burning leaves and yard waste and was advised of the burn ban. He put out the fire.
Around 10PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a report of a vehicle fire on Snoqualmie Parkway. Nothing was found and unit returned to service.
Around 4:15PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a report of an elderly man who had fallen on the side of SR-202. Crew arrived to find a confused 87-year-old male who did not actually fall, but was lost after wandering away from his home. Firefighters evaluated the patient and gave a courtesy transport home to his wife who was also disabled. Patient did not require any medical treatment.
Around 2:40AM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted a 78-year-old patient who had fallen to the floor. Crew assisted patient to their bed. No injuries.
Around 1:25PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded with other units for a two-vehicle accident on Winery Road at I-90. Snoqualmie Firefighters arrived first and established command. Other units performed triage and patient care, including one patient requiring a backboard. That patient was transported to Swedish Hospital in Issaquah.
Around 11:30AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded for a reported carbon monoxide alarm periodically sounding inside a residence. The homeowner advised she had no symptoms and had no odor or signs of smoke. Crews investigated, including using a gas detector, and found no signs of carbon monoxide. Firefighters determined the detector was faulty and advised the homeowner to replace it.
[In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 12 medical aid incidents bringing the total number of calls to date of 856 for 2019.]