Here are a few calls the Snoqualmie Fire Department responded to this past week.
At 5:38 pm, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to the residence of a 43-year-old female who had experienced the loss of consciousness and possible seizure. The event was witnessed by the patient’s 11-year-old son, who promptly called 911. The patient was examined then transported to Swedish Hospital in Issaquah.
Later at 10:03 pm Snoqualmie Firefighters requested by the Police Department to examine a female assault victim near Kimball Creek Village. The patient was sitting on a bench with police officers and was able to answer all questions appropriately. She refused further examination and was left with the police.
At 9:52 am, a Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a fire alarm at the Salish Lodge. On arrival, they were met with the building engineer who was already trying to reset the system due to malfunction.
Later at 2:11 pm, Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted other units with a mountain trail rescue on the Tiger Mountain bike trails. A female biker had fallen and broken her arm. Crews assisted in locating the patient
and transporting her down the trail. She was driven to the local emergency room by a friend.
At 10:15 pm, Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted a female fall victim. After helping her recover, the patient refused any further medical evaluation.
At 3:35 pm, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a report of a 66-year-old female who had fallen and was unable to get back up. Firefighters helped the patient back to her feet, made assessments to determine no injury, and left the patient at home.
Later at 4:55 pm, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a bicycle vs. motor vehicle hit-and-run at the intersection of Fir St. and Railroad Ave SE. The patient was hit by a vehicle on his right hip and leg but had no life-threatening injuries. The patient refused transport to the emergency room but was advised by firefighters to seek further care.
At 7:51 pm, Firefighters dispatched to a smoke/burn complaint in the area of SE Vaughan St. Caller advised that it smelled like someone was burning trash, and they couldn’t locate the source. Firefighters located a home with a small fire pit in the back yard that appeared to be burning either a presto-log or some form of compressed wood product. The homeowner was inside his home and not attending the fire. Speaking with the homeowner, he advised they were using an “Eco-Log” that was purchased at the grocery store – made of compressed cardboard and paraffin wax. Due to the cold temperatures, the logs created significant smoke and created a nuisance for the neighbors. The homeowner was advised to put the fire out and instead to use clean, cured firewood as a fuel source. The homeowner agreed, and complied.
At 7:55 am, Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to a homeless male patient, requesting alcohol abuse help. The patient was sitting on a bench next to the Safeway and stated he wanted to get into a detox program. Was transported to Snoqualmie Valley Hospital.
Later at 11:41 am, Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at a Kimball Creek Village business. The alarm was false and reset.
[In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 3 medical aid incidents bringing the total number of calls to 765 for 2020.]