The City of Snoqualmie is calling on all Snoqualmie students in first through fifth grade! They have the perfect contest for budding artists and writers: create a poster or a poem on the theme, “What kind of tree would I be?” and let your talent shine!
The winning artwork will be displayed on a poster during the City of Snoqualmie Arbor and Earth Day celebration, held April 21st from 10AM to 2PM at Snoqualmie Community Park and the winning poem will be read during the event.
Poster Contest Details
- Posters must be the original artwork of a student currently in the first through fifth grade at a school in Snoqualmie.
- Posters may be completed using markers, colored pencils, crayons, watercolors, ink, acrylics, tempera paints, or paint pens. No computer-generated art.
- Posters may be either 8.5 x 11 in. or 11 x 17 in. Include the artist’s signature in the lower right-hand corner of the poster. On a separate piece of paper, include your name, school name, and a parent’s name and contact information (phone or email) – turn this in with your poster.
Poem Contest Details
- Poems must be the original work of a student currently in the first through fifth grade at a school in Snoqualmie.
- Poems may be rhyming or non-rhyming.
- Limit poem to one, typed page using 12 pt. font. Include a title for your poem, your name, school name, and a parent’s name and contact information (phone or email).
Entries must be received by Wednesday, April 11th. See flyer below for details on where to mail/deliver entries.