In 2021 the Master Gardener plant sale moves online with its newly designed store and an incredible shopping opportunity. Along with their usual outstanding selection of plant starts for every kind of vegetable garden you can imagine, this spring’s sale includes a wide variety of herbs and heirloom vegetables alongside some ornamental plants from the specialty growers and garden crafts folks you usually find at their in-person sales.
Master Gardeners are taking advantage of the convenience of shopping online at any time with no long wait lines to check out. Feel free to browse at your convenience and snack while you shop. Just point & click and easily fill your cart or carts with your must-have plants.
The Online Shop
- Begin to shop and place your orders at 12 noon, Wednesday, April 21.
- Select your pick up time and place at check out.
- The sale closes at 6:00PM, Tuesday, April 27.
- NOTE: There will be no refunds.
The Plant Purchase Pick Up Locations
Three pick-up locations are tied to your order. You may shop at one or all three of these locations, but your orders must be placed by location, and that order must be picked up at that same location. You may not combine orders from different locations.
Our socially distanced plant pickup locations will be at:
- Bellevue Demonstration Garden (BDG) in Bellevue, located on SE 16th Street, between 148th Ave. SE and 156th Ave. SE in Bellevue. When: April 30, May 1 and May 2, 2021 and May 8 for the special Bellevue Ornamentals Sale pick up.
- Shorewood High School Culinary Arts Garden in Shoreline, located at Shorewood High School at 17300 Fremont Ave. N. When: May 1 and May 2, 2021
- Soos Creek Botanical Garden in Auburn, located at 29308 132nd Ave. SE in Auburn. When: April 30, May 1, 2021
Each location will have a different inventory, and the inventory is available only at each of these selected pick-up locations. Choose the pick-up location most convenient or the location most likely to carry all the plants you are looking for. You may not mix inventories from two or more different locations.
- Your orders must be placed by location and picked up at that same location when you check out at the online sale.
- You may shop and pick up at any or all locations, but you may not combine orders from different locations.
Something Extra Special
They are having a Bellevue Ornamentals sale during their online plant sale. You may make your choices and pick them up at the Bellevue Demonstration Garden. Plan to select a separate pick up time on Saturday, May 8, for this special shopping event. This event includes a special selection of ornamental and vegetables from a select group of vendors and growers you normally find at their CUH Spring Master Gardener Plant Sale. These specialty growers and vendors will include:
- Celestial Dream Gardens
- East Side Fuchsia Society
- Growing Girls
- Lee Farm and Nursery
- Puget Sound Daylily Society
- Orders from the Bellevue Ornamentals Sale may be picked up only on Saturday, May 8, at Bellevue Demo Garden.
Service at their pick-up locations will be socially distanced for curbside delivery at the location of your choice and by appointment only.
- Pick-up times are staggered to ensure COVID safety protocols are carefully managed.
- Please plan to arrive only during the window allocated for your appointed pickup.
- When you arrive, we ask that you remain in line, in your car.
- Please wear a mask at all times during the pick-up process.
- Your selection of plants will be loaded into your car for you by their Master Gardeners who will masked and gloved.
- If you require one, they will have a sanitation station for you to use, with hand sanitizer, and spare disposable gloves and masks on-site at each location.
- There is no in-person shopping.
- There will be no refunds.
About our Plant Sales
Thank you for supporting the Master Gardener Foundation of King County (MGFKC) at our plant sales. The Foundation’s fundraising from plant sales and donations provides over 75% of the budget for the WSU Extension Master Gardener program in King County. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit providing financial support for research-based urban horticultural education to the residents of King County.