On Wednesday, May 2, 2017 at 11:30AM the Snoqualmie Valley School District reported on its website:
“This morning, a fire has been reported at Mount Si High School. Early reports indicate it may be related to the kiln and chimney in the ceramics classroom. 911 was called, and students and staff have been evacuated to the stadium, where they will wait until the fire department determines it is appropriate to re-enter the main building. At this time, school is remaining on its regular schedule. Please check the district website for the latest updates as new information becomes available.”
By 12:30pm the district reported students were returning to class after the small fire was extinguished
In March 2014, a fire related to the kiln also forced a school wide evacuation.