around the world are organizing scavenger hunts from San Diego, CA to Staten Island,
New York to the Isle of Sheppey in England. Each city will encourage people to find
clues posted on Little Free Libraries (LFLs) in their neighborhoods.
The simultaneous hunts are organized by Unplug Collaborative-home to National Day of
Unplugging, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides free resources to
communities working to elevate human connection over digital engagement.
Scavenger Hunt Details:
● Those interested in finding a scavenger hunt near them can scroll down on the
● On August 6th the first stop addresses of each scavenger hunt will be revealed
on the same web page.
● On August 7, 10 am – 2 pm, participants can pick up instructions and a map to
all other stops on the route. Many LFL stewards will keep their clue posted for a
● Some scavenger hunts will offer raffle prizes and other surprises.
● Clues are not posted in any order.
● Remember to take a book or share a book along the way.
Brand partners for the Gnome Scavenger Hunts are Little Free Libraries, Simon &
Schuster, Book Fairies, and Wikki Stix.