Janene Coltom wants to do something to help those in need on a local level. So in collaboration with Thrivent Financial’s “Live Generously” campaign, which provides two annual opportunities for members to create an action item and host a charitable event within their community, Janene decided to try to make a difference in some local teens’ lives.
She said although she can’t provide the obvious need – shelter – to Snoqualmie Valley homeless teens, she believes together the community can provide some needed supplies to help make life a little bit easier. But she needs community involvement and contributions to make it successful.
On Tuesday, December 20th from 6:30 – 9PM at Wildflower Wine Shop, 228 W North Bend Way, the whole community (including kids because the shop is child-friendly) is encouraged to bring needed items to Wildflower – and help put together supply packs that will then be distributed with the help of the SnoValley Homeless Teen Action Group.
Janene says being a teen is hard enough, but to just image imagine being homeless, too – especially given the importance of self-esteem with teenagers. She believes every little bit can make a difference in these teens’ lives.
Below is list of needed items for homeless teens in the community. The list was created by the SnoValley Homeless Teen Action Group:
- Travel Size Toiletries (shampoo & soap)
- Dental hygiene (toothbrushes, floss, toothpaste)
- Feminine Hygiene items (pads & tampons)
- Healthy Snacks (nut free)
- Juice and water
- Shelf-stable milk
- Food vouchers for local food establishments – Food bank will distribute.
- Gas cards – Food bank will distribute.
- Fashionable, in style clothes – if you have a teen then you know how important this is! Teen closet will distribute.
- New underwear – gift cards to Jockey, Hanes, Vanity Fair from the outlet mall. Teen closet will distribute.
- Hair care – hair cut gift certificates
For more information on this Support Homeless Teens in Snoqualmie Valley event visit its Facebook event page HERE