Let’s have a little fun at the end of this long and depressing year!
According to the Chinese Zodiac, this was the year of the rat. The rat represents spirit, wit, alertness, delicacy, and flexibility. Ironically, this photo would represent 2020 for me:
Yes, I have been battling that guy for the last couple of months. Every waking moment lately has been spent doing exclusion work on our rather old in some parts, complicated in other parts and cluttered in practically all parts, house. We have managed to eliminate all our population except for this one, who we’ve nicknamed Stubs for his snap trap induced shortened tail.
But never mind Stubs, he is not eligible to win; he’s family. This contest is for your photos. Submit one photo that sums up 2020 for you on Living Snoqualmie’s Facebook page by midnight on Wednesday, December 30th.
The five photos with the most likes, so enter early, will be voted on for the best 2020 picture by all of you, and a winner will be announced on New Year’s Day. See below for contest rules.
The winner will receive a $50.00 gift card to the Riverbend Café in North Bend.
Rich, the cafe owner of ten years, says this shutdown has been much harder than the shutdown in March. Even though the café is open from 11-7 daily for takeout (they will be closed on New Years Day), people aren’t calling as much.
Hikers are staying home more now that it’s winter, and the bad weather has made patio dining impossible. The Café does have a tented area for dining, but it only holds three tables. Rich has managed to keep his older workers employed, but the high school kids that worked as Hostesses and busboys have not worked since March.
You might remember last year the café had an extended closure because of the E. Coli scare in the water system. They need more customers and a break! You can view their menu on Facebook (some quantities are limited, please call ahead) and call for a yummy Italian Beef Sandwich, my personal favorite. Or get a piece of pie made fresh by the North Bend Bakery. You can also pick up beer, wine, draft to go, and growlers.
The Riverbend Café is located just off exit 32 eastbound at 14303 436th Ave SE. in North Bend. Their phone number is (425) 888-6600.
[Contest Rules: All photos must be original work taken by the entrants. No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains. The photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the official contest channel. Entries not submitted through the proper channel will be deleted.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree that Living Snoqualmie can use photos submitted for marketing purposes.
- Only one entry per person
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- The prize must be collected by the winner and is non-transferable.
- The winner will be contacted via Facebook. If no response is received after [three] business days, a new winner will be selected, and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.
- Please, no obscene or profane material.]