Fire Blotter | Person in dumpster; 5 gallons gas down the drain; vehicle in power pole

January 24th At 5:00pm Snoqualmie Firefighters along with multiple eastside units responded to a residential structure fire in the Mirrormont neighborhood of Issaquah. Crew participated in backup duties and assisted in overhaul of the fire scene to determine cause.

At 6:32pm Snoqualmie Firefighters called to the laundromat in historic downtown for a possible person stuck in a dumpster. Situation was resolved by the time crews arrived.

January 25th At 8:20 am Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a reported log-truck vs. small sedan at the intersection of Snoqualmie Parkway & 99th. Initial reports were the driver of the small vehicle would need to be extricated.
Crews arrived noting heavy damage to the passenger car with the driver still inside. Driver did not want to be extricated and stated she would try to climb out on her own through the passenger side door. Patient was transferred to Overlake Hospital Medical Center in Bellevue. Snoqualmie Police Department took over the scene for investigation.

January 26th At 11:27 am Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a single vehicle motor accident on Fall City-Snoqualmie road. Driver was transported to Swedish Hospital in Issaquah.

January 27th At 6:00am Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to Crest View Loop for a natural gas smell in a residence. Arrived to find multiple residents out in the street. Advised they were getting a strong smell of gas in their homes. Firefighters investigated and found a strong gasoline smell, not natural gas.
Using a gas detector, crews determined there was no danger of explosion. Investigating the area, crews found some gas cans behind a residence. They spoke with the homeowner who advised he poured out some gasoline last night at midnight onto some tree roots to kill it. Police Department was called to investigate. After speaking with the Police, the homeowner advised
that “it might have been more like 5 gallons.” Police Department contacted the Public Works Department who advised they would come out at first light to investigate. Scene was left with the Police Department.

At 9:27am Snoqualmie Firefighters were called to a report of an odor of smoke or sulfur inside of a residence. Caller stated she turned on the heater and instantly began to smell what she thought was smoke. She turned the furnace off and called 911. Unit arrived to find no notice of smell inside of the house on the first floor but a smell of burnt furnace on the 2nd floor. No signs of fire. The furnace was giving off a code of “13” indicating a flame-out switch. The resident was advised to contact a furnace repair company and let the landlord know.

At 1:27pm Snoqualmie Firefighters responded back to the area of Crest View Loop for a report of gasoline smell in the storm drains. Police Department and Public Works were already notified of this and were working in the area to get the problem remedied. Firefighters spoke to the homeowner and advised them of the situation.

February 1st At 1:16pm Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at the Hampton Inn. On arrival there were no signs of fire and the alarm system showed a water-flow in the fitness area. Crew investigated and found that the system likely had a surge that triggered the alarm. System was reset and
turned over to the construction project manager.

February 4th At 8:46 am Snoqualmie Firefighters called to a report of gas odor at a local bank. Crew arrived to find bank office unoccupied. Contacted the bank manager who stated office had a gas smell, probably from dry cleaners next door. However, they could no longer smell anything. Crew investigated
the office area with gas monitor and nothing found.

At 7:06pm Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted an elderly patient to her bed who had fallen on the floor.

At 10:11pm Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a single car accident in downtown historic Snoqualmie. On arrival, crews discovered a vehicle that had run into a power pole. Crews transported the patient to Snoqualmie Valley Hospital, and PSE was called to replace the power pole.

February 5th  At 10:20 & 11:20am Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at the Goddard School. Alarm panel showed a pulled station, but none was found, and alarm was reset. An hour later a second alarm sounded at the same building with no cause. Alarm was placed in trouble mode and business owner notified.

At 10:04pm Snoqualmie Firefighters called to a residence who had a CO alarm sounding. No gas in the residence detected, crew advised home owner to purchase new alarm.

February 6th At 4:51am Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a report of smoke in a residence. Determined it was a burned-out wall heater motor. Crew secured the power at the heater and advised the home owner to get it replaced.

[In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 14 medical aid incidents bringing the total number of calls to date of 115 for 2019.]

Speak Your Mind

*

%d bloggers like this: