Fire Blotter | Elk vs. car; boy stuck in railing; partially-on gas stove knob evacuates condo; semi vs. pickup on SR 18

February 21st: At 4:22PM Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to Hwy 18 for a single vehicle accident, driver possibly having a seizure. Units were unable to locate vehicle or patient.

February 22nd

At 10:40AM Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched to a 2-car motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Snoqualmie Parkway and SE Jacobia Street. One patient was transported to Snoqualmie Valley Hospital emergency room.

At 3:41PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a semi-truck vs pickup truck motor vehicle accident on Hwy 18. Three patients with minor injuries were treated.

February 25th

At 3:41PM Snoqualmie Firefighters dispatched with other units to a passenger car vs. elk accident on I-90 near mile post 26. Crews searched the area between mile posts 27 and 25 and found no incident. Further communication with the caller determined that the accident was closer to North Bend. Once firefighters found the incident, they assisted with traffic control while other units took care of the patient.

At 4:06PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to the Gateway Plaza for a reported 12-year-old child who had his leg stuck in the railing of the building on the 2nd floor. Firefighters utilized straps and were able to manipulate the metal railing enough to get the patient free. The child was not injured and turned over to his father.

At 4:53PM Snoqualmie Firefighters and other units were dispatched to a report of a natural gas leak inside of a multi-family townhome on Merritt Ave SE. Caller advised of a strong gas smell throughout her house and believes there is a leak. Initial investigation revealed a strong odor coming from the garage and front door. Monitoring revealed a reading of 3% combustible mixture in air. Firefighters discovered a burner on the kitchen range had been accidentally turned partially on without being ignited. Ventilation was set-up and returned the house to normal. The range was secured, and homeowner advised to purchase safety knobs to prevent a reoccurrence.

At 10:40PM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted a 71-year-old hospice patient who had slipped off the toilet due to weakness. Firefighters moved the patient to his bed and did a brief exam. Afterwards counseled the family through the hospice process while they consulted with the hospice nurse. The family agreed that the patient should stay home as it was the patient’s wishes.

February 26th

At 9:57AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a passerby 911 call who heard an audible fire alarm going off. On arrival, found business owner was conducting a fire alarm test.

At 10:37AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a report of water leak under a sink caused by possible broken water line. Employees of the business had secured the water and were attempting to mop up and control the damage.

At 3:26PM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted a resident in removing water from their house. Residence had been unoccupied for a couple of months with no heat and a water pipe in the ceiling broke. Water was shut off and remaining water pushed out of the house into a crawl space.

At 6:36PM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to a residential fire alarm. Homeowner stated their smoke detectors were going off. No smoke or fire at the residence and alarms were being triggered by a bad detector.

At 9:35PM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted other units with traffic control for a one-car motor vehicle accident on westbound I-90.

February 27th: At 10:12pm Snoqualmie Firefighters investigated a report of natural gas smell in a residential neighborhood. Firefighters walked the area, talked to the neighbor and nothing was found.

March 2nd: At 4:22PM Snoqualmie Firefighters assisted another Eastside rescue unit on a one-vehicle motor vehicle accident on I-90.

March 3rd: At 9:13PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to transport a patient from a motor vehicle accident involving a flipped vehicle that landed in the river. Patient was transported to Harborview Medical Center.

March 5th

At a1:42AM Snoqualmie Firefighters responded to an Echo Glenn fire alarm which was confirmed false by phone while en route. Firefighters continued to the scene to verify no fire, and the alarm was reset by Echo Glenn employees.

At 10:11PM Snoqualmie Firefighters were dispatched to the Salish Lodge for an activated fire alarm. Alarm was set off by a rate-of-rise detector. Vent system in the kitchen was out of service and kitchen staff were cooking when the temperature raised to a certain height in the room triggering the alarm. Alarm was reset.

[In addition to the above calls, Snoqualmie EMTs responded to 8 medical aid incidents bringing the total number of calls to date of 195 for 2019.]

Speak Your Mind

*

%d bloggers like this: